Pages

Mar 17, 2010

Dear Diary,

UPDATE: I have decided to make this blog {gulp} PUBLIC. So, while some of what is below is now obsolete, a good bit of it serves as an introduction.

I'm sure that I'll feel more comfortable about this whole blogging thing after a while. However, right now it feels sort of like I'm exposing my self to the world. Although, I am pretty sure I checked all the right boxes so that only certain people (Jeremy) are able to read this for now.  I've been wanting to create a diary for a while now, but I loose interest in paper diaries and putting a password protected file on your computer just makes everyone suspicious.

Here are things that are on my plate as I sit and type:
 - I am a stay-at-home wife with a part-time job as a marketing/graphic design "guru" for Comprehensive Injury Prevention Solutions, Inc.  the business that my husband is a part-owner (vice president). The first couple of years we said that with a snicker because there were only 3 people in the company. However, as of today they are 3-full-timers-and-6-part-timers strong.  Praise God!

 - I have been an approved, waiting adoptive mother for just shy of a year (11 months at the end of this month). I'm pretty sure that most of my posts will be about this phase of my life.

 - A couple women from church and a couple friends from outside of church and I are just starting a Bible study called Metamorpha by Kyle Strobel. The study guide for this book encourages its readers to blog about their experience throughout the book. I'm not sure I want to do this publicly yet, but I may open this blog up later on.

 - Jer & I have agreed to be leaders in training for a marriage course called Love & Respect.  We have never taken this marriage course before, and have only watched the first two sessions on our own.  I'd say we have a great marriage, but I've recently been challenged with the thought that every marriage needs work all the time. It's true, I definitely see ill-effects from the two of us "taking it easy" when it comes to our marriage relationship.  We don't communicate as much or as deeply as we used to. In recent months, we have been working on this and the marriage course has already had some positive effects on our interactions. More on that later too I'm sure.

Well, that's not everything that's going on but is most of what captures my attention these days.  I hope that the process of typing out my thoughts will be therapeutic and will help me sift through some of what is going on in my head.

Thanks to Jeremy for encouraging me to start a blog and for being the only one besides myself that is able to read it. I love you!

No comments: